Accepting and embracing yourself as you are, flaws and all, is an important step toward building self-esteem.
There may be times you feel “unlovable” but just know, these are your fears and insecurities sneaking their way into your thoughts.
One way to tame these insecurities is by engaging in activities that promote self-love, and there are many ways to do so.
You can practice self-love by creating a relaxing bedtime routine that helps set you up for a good night’s sleep, it can be through using self-love journaling prompts to guide you through a journey of self-discovery and acceptance, or you can repeat positive affirmations to yourself each day to help give you a boost of confidence.
These are just a few ways, but there are many more!
In this article we’re giving you 30 self-love affirmations you can use to feel more confident, empowered and overall, happier with yourself.
It may feel silly to repeat these at first, but the key is to trick your brain into genuinely believing the words you’re repeating. With time and practice, it will come.
1. I am strong, I am capable, I am enough.
2. I am worthy of love and happiness.
3. I am at peace with the path my life has taken.
4. I am beautiful inside and out.
5. I am brave, I face life head-on and I’m not afraid of a challenge.
6. Joy flows from within me.
7. I am adaptable and resilient.
8. I am filled with empathy and compassion for the world around me.
9. My mistakes do not define who I am.
10. I am in control of my own actions.
11. I am exactly where I need to be right now.
12. I deserve the good that comes into my life.
13. I accept myself just the way I am.
14. I am capable of achieving my goals.
15. I am everything I need.
16. I value myself and I’m valued by others.
17. I am filled with love.
18. I can overcome any challenge that comes my way.
19. I am grounded and at peace.
20. I am able to set boundaries and say no when I need to.
21. Confidence radiates from within me.
22. I am open to love.
23. I am grateful for my body that carries me through each day.
24. I am proud of all that I’ve achieved.
25. I respect myself.
26. I deserve to live the life of my dreams.
27. I am successful.
28. I am a gift to this earth.
29. I control my insecurities and I choose to ignore them.
30. I have the power to change my life.
Embracing self-love is a process that takes time, especially if you have the tendency to be hard on yourself.
These affirmations are just one way pivot the relationship you have with yourself into a positive one.
We encourage you to keep engaging in activities that help you get in tune with yourself and promote self-love.