Loving yourself is a key component of living a happy and healthy lifestyle. Knowing your worth will help you attract all the good you truly deserve.
When it comes to practicing self-love, journaling is a vessel for expressing yourself freely and without judgment. Taking the time to be alone with your thoughts can provide valuable insight into who you are as a person and why you are the way you are.
Journaling is often recommended in therapy since it can help unlock powerful feelings you didn’t know existed. It can help you make connections between your past and present.
In this article, we cover 30 journal prompts that will guide you through a journey of self-exploration, with a focus on self-love. So grab your notebook or journal and jot down your answers to the prompts below:
1. Look in the mirror, describe what you see.
2. What are three things you’re proud of accomplishing in the last year?
3. What do you consider to be your best quality? Why do you value having this quality?
4. Write a thank you letter to your body for carrying you through each day.
5. Think about how your loved ones would describe you. Write down what you think other people love and appreciate about you.
6. Reflect on the last compliment you received. Was it hard to accept? Did it make you feel good? How come?
7. Think about what makes your heart feel full. Describe what makes you happiest and why.
8. Write out five things you love about yourself, inside and out.
9. What are you grateful for?
10. Think about the last act of kindness you performed. How do you think it affected the other person? How did it make you feel?
11. Do you carry guilt from a past experience? Write about it and how it affects you today.
12. What aspects of yourself would you like to improve on?
13. Write down 3 things you can control and 3 things you can’t.
14. What makes you different and unique?
15. What is something you wish others would understand about you?
16. Write about a few goals you’d like to accomplish in the next year.
17. Think about the ways you’ve grown in the last few years. Write about your evolution.
18. Reflect on the best day you’ve had recently. Describe it in detail and why it had such an impression on you.
19. Come up with three affirmations you can repeat to yourself daily.
20. Write a letter to your future self, 5 or 10 years from now. What do you hope to have accomplished? What do you hope your life looks like?
21. Write about three people who have influenced you and how they’ve done so.
22. What does spirituality mean to you?
23. What are some of the most important life lessons you’ve learned?
24. If you could give your younger self some advice. What would you say?
25. What makes you feel loved?
26. What do you need more and less of?
27. Describe what a perfect day looks like to you. Who would you spend it with? Where?
28. What are two things you need to forgive yourself for?
29. How do you show love to others?
30. What’s a challenge you’ve overcome and how did you do it?
After completing these 30 prompts you should feel more connected and in tune with yourself.
We often put so much focus on our external relationships that we forget to nurture the most important one we have. The one with ourselves.
If we’re tuned in to ourselves, we’re able to respond more openly to the world around us and live a happier life.