The world can get caught up in this cycle of competition, watching others tear each other down just to get ahead in life.
In this mist of this, it’s nice to have the support of others, cheering you on and building you up.
Let’s begin to choose this opposite approach, encourage one another, and build each other up. Here are 5 easy ways to begin:
5 Ways To Build Each Other Up
Encourage One Another
One of the best ways to build each other up is through encouragement.
This is a simple and timeless act, which can be done in the following ways:
• Tell the other person how much you appreciate them.
• Be supportive of their hopes and dreams.
• Display kind gestures towards one another
• Use positive words to reinforce positive feelings
• Always be there for that person, through good times and bad.
Listen With Intent
Another way to build each other up is to simply listen to what the other person has to say. But not only listening halfway, listening fully and intently.
Here is how you can show support through listening:
• Making eye contact helps the person to feel more connected.
• Ask questions: Allow the person to feel that you are really curious about what they are saying, and ask relevant questions.
• Don’t interrupt: Interrupting someone constantly can make them feel as if you don’t really care about what they are saying and that you just want to be the one that speaks.
Wait until you have an opening and until the person is done expressing themselves.
Share your knowledge
Everyone is knowledgeable about something, so why not share it with others?
Sharing knowledge helps the other person to grow and develop, and makes you feel good.
We often feel happy with ourselves when we can offer something to someone else.
Sharing knowledge also builds trust and forms a deeper bond between you and the other person, allowing you to feel more connected.
The greatest feeling comes when someone feels that they have someone to count on to be there for them, in good times and bad.
We all need to feel cared for, and this is one of the best ways to build each other up.
Some ways you can offer support are:
• Listen to the other person
• Offer help when needed
• Check-in with the person often
• Encourage the other person
Focus on the positive
It goes without saying they each person has their strengths as well as their flaws.
Try not to focus too much on the flaws and more on the positive attributes the individual holds.
You can motivate and build each other up through positive affirmations, spending quality time together, complementing each other, and sharing experiences.