Days off are precious and should be used wisely. Whether you’re looking for something fun or productive, there is no shortage of ideas to choose from.
From outdoor activities to creative projects, these 50 ideas will help you make the most of your days off. So if you’re feeling stuck in a rut and don’t know what to do with your free time—try one (or all!) of these activities.
1. Go on a nature walk and take lots of pictures.
2. Try a new recipe and invite friends over for dinner.
3. Take up a new hobby like photography, painting, or playing an instrument.
4. Read a book that you’ve been wanting to get to but haven’t had the time until now.
5. Clean out your closet and donate clothes you no longer wear.
6. Get creative with a DIY craft project.
7. Spend some time gardening and tending to your plants.
8. Take a road trip to a nearby town or city and explore the area.
9. Bake something sweet like cupcakes, cookies, or muffins!
10. Take a yoga class or do some online research to learn more about the practice.
11. Go for a bike ride and explore your neighborhood on two wheels.
12. Visit a local museum or landmark and take in the history of the area.
13. Plan a picnic with friends or family and enjoy the sunshine outdoors!
14. Hold a game night with friends and family—board games, card games, or video games.
15. Take a day trip to the beach and go for a swim in the ocean.
16. Plant some trees or volunteer at a nearby park to help maintain its beauty.
17. Make an effort to learn something new like a language, coding, or a new skill.
18. Visit your local library and check out some books or magazines to read.
19. Take an online course in something you’re interested in learning more about.
20. Get tickets for a play, concert, or movie and enjoy a night out!
21. Write in a journal to reflect on your experiences or goals.
22. Go to a farmers market and pick up some fresh fruits and vegetables.
23. Take a cooking class or watch an instructional video on YouTube.
24. Spend some time volunteering at a local animal shelter or charity organization.
25. Catch up with old friends over coffee, lunch, or dinner!
26. Unplug from technology for the day and take some time to relax.
27. Take a class in something you’ve always wanted to learn, like painting or pottery.
28. Have an at-home spa day and give yourself some much needed R&R!
29. Plan a camping trip and spend some time in the great outdoors.
30. Attend a local event for some fun and entertainment.
31. Make homemade gifts for family or friends to show your appreciation.
32. Go on an outdoor adventure like hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing!
33. Try out a new restaurant and experience something different.
34. Spend some quality time with your pet and give them lots of cuddles.
35. Visit an art gallery or museum to get inspired by the artwork around you.
36. Put on a movie marathon with all your favorite films!
37. Take a day trip to somewhere new and explore the area’s attractions.
38. Have a picnic in the park and enjoy some fresh air and sunshine.
39. Take a class at your local community center to learn something new.
40. Join an online discussion group or chatroom for like-minded people.
41. Visit your local thrift store and find hidden treasures!
42. Do some stargazing and take in the beauty of the night sky.
43. Have a home spa day with your own homemade face masks and body scrubs.
44. Spend some time organizing and decluttering your living space.
45. Visit an aquarium or zoo and learn more about animals from around the world!
46. Play tourist in your own town and explore the sights, sounds, and tastes.
47. Go on a scavenger hunt around your local neighborhood or park.
48. Spend some time creating an outdoor space with comfortable furniture and plants.
49. Try a new form of exercise like swimming, jogging, or dance classes.
50. Have a movie night at home.
We hope these 50 ideas help you make the most of your days off! Remember to take time for yourself and do something that will make you feel relaxed and fulfilled. Happy planning!